Tuesday, October 26, 2010

We are going to the Galapagos!

Going to the Galapagos was supposed to be the highlight of our trip. But the more we researched, the more it looks like a racket. We almost considered skipping it. However we have this urge to "check-things-off-the-list" even when we have low expectations. We are going ahead with it.

Picking a tour/cruise was not easy. I have a thing against large cruise ships, but I am afraid to end up on a smaller boat that I want to be off it the minute I step on. John loves boat rides, but may get queasy if seas are rough. As a compromise, we decided on a five-day tour in a 16-passenger catamaran (for stability & comfort) to the less touristy islands. While we will have TV, there will be no internet.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I know this has been on your list for a while! Great that you're finally going - have fun.

Crash Eddy said...

I'd hope your choice of less touristy islands will not cause you to bypass the Darwin Center http://tinyurl.com/3xs7sob Friend Tito Craige worked there for a year.

Dayle in NC said...

I'm happy that you are not skipping the Galapagos! It's not everywhere that you'll see such amazing creatures, like the blue-footed boobies and the cutest penquins. I'm already looking forward to see your photographs, which I"m sure will be amazing!

Susan in Florida said...

I agree with Dayle!

Most Recent Post

Tashkent: Old Town

One day we went to see the old town. Not that I had much expectations, what we found was that they were rebuilding the "old" town....

Most Popular Posts of Last 30 Days